Income reports are a HOT TOPIC in the blogging world, but I have a love/hate relationship with them.
On one hand, reading the income reports of some of the world’s most successful bloggers was a motivating factor that inspired me to start my own blog.
On the other hand, they have a tendency to make bloggers (especially newbies like me!) get too caught up in the numbers, and can even be demotivating when you start comparing your earnings to someone else’s.
My Harsh Reality Check.
When I began my own blogging journey in late-July 2018, I was dazzled by all the glorified headlines claiming it was possible to earn thousands of dollars with a blog.
I actually started blogging thinking that I could make money faster than I could launch my eCommerce startup — and HOW WRONG I WAS! 😱
After taking this course to get started, I quickly realized there’s AN INSANE AMOUNT OF WORK that goes into professional blogging… I was shocked, and it wasn’t even my first business rodeo.
Nonetheless, I decided to proceed anyway because I genuinely enjoy creating and writing.
The Crazy Cute Co. blog was born from the motivation that I had something unique to offer to the world through my first-hand experience turning a side-hustle into a six-figure business, and overcoming the challenges of the journey away from the corporate world.
I also realized this:To truly add value into the world, you must GIVE before you can receive. By building your business on SERVING, the financial rewards will come.Click To Tweet
Why I’m NOT Doing Income Reports
Too many people out there are looking at money coming in as the sole indicator of business success.
As a numbers girl, I don’t think this approach is wrong, but I also DIDN’T want to look at blogging this way because of these reasons:
- I felt that it would negatively affect the quality of the content I’d be putting out there.
- With the rise of many successful bloggers who started within the last 5-10 years, there are enough income reports already available online that I don’t feel compelled to go down this “traditional” route in 2018-2019.
- I believe everyone needs to find their own “secret sauce” for their own unique version of “success”. We shouldn’t just blindly copy what worked for someone else without thinking about how it should apply to our own situation.
Since I’m a new blogger who is not yet making significant income from this blog, I wanted to approach this in a different way — as a PROGRESS REPORT.
Everyone’s Situation is Different.
That’s why comparing yourself to another blogger based on dollars alone just isn’t helpful.
Based on feedback from readers, I’ve learned that people who are on the fence about blogging would find it more beneficial to get a glimpse into the actual goals and strategies that are involved in building the foundations of a blog, even before it starts bringing in money.
Obviously, I hope to eventually monetize, but it’s my best attempt to provide something realistic and insightful for you! 🤘🏻
Objectives of My Progress Report:
- To show results and progression based on the “Blogging Income” factors listed above, and not just on dollars alone.
- To document my own progress as a part-time blogger, and hold myself accountable to my own blogging goals each month.
- To realistically show how I spend my time blogging as a mom of a 3-year-old who is also busy building up a seperate eCommerce business as my full-time gig. It paints a real-life picture of what’s possible if you’ve got a full-time job, or are a stay-at-home parent who has a busy life and other commitments.
- To be an outlet for my readers to share whether you’ve experienced the same struggles, challenges, and perhaps even teach me a thing or two!!!!
Current Month: October 2018
P.S. If anyone out there tells you building a blog or a social media following are “easy”, and can happen overnight, they’re full of SH*T. #sorrynotsorry
I sincerely hope you gained a new perspective on what blogging entails, and perhaps consider starting your own blogging journey if you haven’t already.
Let’s figure this blogging thing out together so that you don’t have to do it alone. 😉
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments if you found this information helpful!
FREE GUIDE - 12 Easy Strategies to Make More Money
Grab your FREE 20-page guide now! You'll get 12 easy strategies you can start implementing in your business right away to CONQUER YOUR CASH FLOW!